Current:Home > NewsTradeEdge Exchange:Vin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit -VisionFunds
TradeEdge Exchange:Vin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-06 19:54:58
Vin Diesel's "Fast and TradeEdge ExchangeFurious" ride isn't over.
Diesel took to Instagram in his first public remarks about his role in the action movie series since a former assistant accused him of sexual assault in a December lawsuit. He said the "Fast" franchise writers and production team's excitement for the saga's final film was "incredibly powerful" in an Instagram post Friday.
"While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey," Vin Diesel said.
"Fast 11" follows last year's "Fast X," the film's tenth movie which starred Vin Diesel as Dominic "Dom" Torreto opposite Jason Momoa. "Fast 11" will mark the final installment in the beloved movie franchise.
"Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound," the father of three told his 102 million Instagram followers.
Vin Diesel thanked "Fast and Furious" fans for their support in the statement.
"This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together," he said.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson declares endto Vin Diesel feud, will appear in next 'Fast and Furious'
Vin Diesel lawsuit alleges actor sexually assaulted assistant in 2010 during 'Fast Five' filming
In December, Vin Diesel's former assistant Asta Jonasson alleges that the actor sexually assaulted her the fall of 2010 during the filming of "Fast Five" in a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in December, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.
According to the lawsuit, Jonasson was hired by the actor's production company One Race to work for him in various capacities, including organizing and accompanying Diesel to parties and ensuring she was nearby in photos if the actor attended events without his longtime girlfriend.
"We are proud to represent Ms. Jonasson and hold accountable Vin Diesel and those who allowed and covered up his sexual assault. The law exists to protect those who have been wronged, no matter how powerful or famous the defendant is. Sexual harassment in the workplace will never stop if powerful men are protected from accountability," a lawyer from Greenberg Gross, the firm representing Jonasson, said in a statement.
"This is the first he has ever heard about this more than 13-year-old claim made by a purportedly 9-day employee," Freedman said in a statement. "There is clear evidence which completely refutes these outlandish allegations.”
Contributing: Melissa Ruggieri, Bryan Alexander
veryGood! (441)
Related
- Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
- What is 'Bills Mafia?' Here's everything you need to know about Buffalo's beloved fan base
- NBA trade tracker: Wizards, Pistons make deal; who else is on the move ahead of deadline?
- Hamas fights with a patchwork of weapons built by Iran, China, Russia and North Korea
- Jamie Foxx reps say actor was hit in face by a glass at birthday dinner, needed stitches
- Deal reached on short-term funding bill to avert government shutdown, sources say
- A new 'purpose': On 2024 MLK Day of Service, some say volunteering changed their life
- Pope acknowledges resistance to same-sex blessings but doubles down: ‘The Lord blesses everyone’
- Which apps offer encrypted messaging? How to switch and what to know after feds’ warning
- Former New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern marries longtime partner in private wedding ceremony
Ranking
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- Rishi Sunak will face UK lawmakers over his decision to join US strikes on Yemen’s Houthis
- President says Iceland faces ‘daunting’ period after lava from volcano destroys homes in Grindavik
- `The Honeymooners’ actress Joyce Randolph has died at 99; played Ed Norton’s wife, Trixie
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- Haley fares best against Biden as Republican contenders hold national leads
- When Abbott Elementary, Bridgerton and More of Your Favorite TV Shows Return in 2024
- Arctic freeze continues to blast huge swaths of the US with sub-zero temperatures
Recommendation
Spooky or not? Some Choa Chu Kang residents say community garden resembles cemetery
How the Bizarre Cult of Mother God Ended With Amy Carlson's Mummified Corpse
The Excerpt podcast: Celebrating the outsized impact of Dr. Martin Luther King
Police are searching for a suspect who shot a man to death at a Starbucks in southwestern Japan
Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
North Korea says it tested solid-fuel missile tipped with hypersonic weapon
This photo shows the moment Maine’s record high tide washed away more than 100-year-old fishing shacks
Critics Choice Awards 2024 Red Carpet Fashion: See Every Look as the Stars Arrive