Current:Home > FinanceSurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|King Charles III Promises to Serve to the "Best of My Ability" in Commonwealth Day Address -VisionFunds
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|King Charles III Promises to Serve to the "Best of My Ability" in Commonwealth Day Address
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-05 22:16:22
Even through rampant speculation,Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center the royals are carrying on their duties.
As representatives from 56 nations gathered in London to celebrate Commonwealth Day March 11, King Charles III recorded a message to be played at the Westminster Abbey ceremony to mark the 75th anniversary of the Commonwealth, the international association of member states, most of which are former territories of the British Empire.
"Having recently celebrated my own 75th birthday, it warms my heart to reflect on the way the Commonwealth has been a constant throughout my own life—a precious source of strength, inspiration, and pride," the monarch said in the message, which also noted that the organization's greatest strength is the diversity represented among their collection of nations.
"In recent weeks, I have been most deeply touched by your wonderfully kind and thoughtful good wishes for my health," he continued, "and, in return, can only continue to serve you, to the best of my ability, throughout the Commonwealth."
Currently undergoing treatment for an undisclosed type of cancer, the King will be represented in person at the event by his wife Queen Camilla, 76, along with son Prince William, 41, and other members of the royal family.
The contingent, however, will not include Kate Middleton, who is also sitting the event out as she recovers from her January abdominal surgery.
But even while absent from the public eye, the Princess of Wales has pulled focus, most recently with the photograph released in celebration of the UK's Mother Day.
After agencies including the Associated Press, Reuters and Agence France-Presse pulled the photo Kensington Palace shared of Kate with kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, she addressed claims the picture was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused."
Other than a March 4 snap of Kate riding in a car with mom Carole Middleton, the social media image marked the first time the royal had been seen in public since her January procedure.
And though the 42-year-old has remained largely out of the public eye, her lengthy recovery tracks with the original timeline Kensington Palace had shared.
In January, the Palace said Kate is "unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter" per medical advice. Amid the speculation about her, a spokesperson for the princess told E! News on Feb. 29, "Kensington Palace made it clear in January the timelines of the princess' recovery and we'd only be providing significant updates. That guidance stands."
As for Charles, his duties have largely taken place behind closed doors since he revealed his own medical diagnosis Feb. 5.
"During The King's recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted," read a statement from Buckingham Palace at the time. "Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer. His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties."
With the King and his daughter-in-law each dealing with their own diagnoses, their health battles have certainly dominated the news, but they're not the only headlines this year. Keep calm and carry on reading for all the recently news from the royal family.
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
veryGood! (19885)
Related
- Woman dies after Singapore family of 3 gets into accident in Taiwan
- Biden is 'persona non grata' for many Arab and Muslim Americans
- Anchor of Chinese container vessel caused damage to Balticconnector gas pipeline, Finnish police say
- Eighth 'Mission: Impossible' film postponed to 2025 as actors strike surpasses 3 months
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Montana man investigated in disappearance of 14-year-old is arrested on child sex abuse charges
- MLB was right to delay Astros pitcher Bryan Abreu’s suspension – but the process stinks
- States sue Meta claiming its social platforms are addictive and harming children’s mental health
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- Horoscopes Today, October 22, 2023
Ranking
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- All the Bombshell Revelations in Britney Spears' Book The Woman in Me
- New deadly bird flu cases reported in Iowa, joining 3 other states as disease resurfaces
- 5 killed, including a police officer, in western Mexico state of Michoacan
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- Illinois Gov. Pritzker takes his fight for abortion access national with a new self-funded group
- Mauricio Umansky Dedicates DWTS Performance to His Rock Kyle Richards Amid Separation
- Hundreds of photos from the collection of Elton John and David Furnish will go on display in London
Recommendation
New data highlights 'achievement gap' for students in the US
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce seal their apparent romance with a kiss (on the cheek)
Counting down the NBA's top 30 players for 2023-24 season: Nos. 15-1
Stop, Drop & Shop: Save up to 78% On Kate Spade Bags, Wallets, Shoes & More
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Four years after fire engulfed California scuba dive boat killing 34 people, captain’s trial begins
'Let Us Descend' follows a slave on a painful journey — finding some hope on the way
Giannis Antetokoumpo staying in Milwaukee, agrees to three-year extension with Bucks