Current:Home > ScamsFrankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -VisionFunds
Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 16:14:43
Frankie Valli is getting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (31)
Related
- Civic engagement nonprofits say democracy needs support in between big elections. Do funders agree?
- When Kim Kardashian's nipple bra dropped, some people laughed. Breast cancer patients rejoiced.
- Only debate of Mississippi governor’s race brings insults and interruptions from Reeves and Presley
- U.S. infant mortality rate rises for first time in 20 years; definitely concerning, one researcher says
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- With flowers, altars and candles, Mexicans are honoring deceased relatives on the Day of the Dead
- Chiefs TE Travis Kelce still smarting over upset loss to Broncos: 'That's embarrassing'
- Tesla's Autopilot not responsible for fatal 2019 crash in California, jury finds in landmark case
- Why we love Bear Pond Books, a ski town bookstore with a French bulldog 'Staff Pup'
- Yes, they've already picked the Rockefeller Center's giant Christmas tree for 2023
Ranking
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- Chaotic and desperate scenes among Afghans returning from Pakistan, say aid agencies
- Low World Series TV ratings in 2023 continue 7-year downward trend
- Blinken heads to Israel, Jordan as Gaza war and criticism of it intensifies
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Mormon church sued again over how it uses tithing contributions from members
- WayV reflects on youth and growth in second studio album: 'It's a new start for us'
- Passenger on way to comfort Maine victims with dog makes emotional in-flight announcement
Recommendation
Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
Jurors in serial killings trial views video footage of shootings
Oprah's Favorite Things 2023: 25 Chic & Useful Gifts Under $50 For Everyone On Your List
Bob Knight dies at 83: How Indiana Hoosiers basketball, Mike Woodson reacted
Rylee Arnold Shares a Long
In continuing battle between the branches, North Carolina judges block changes to some commissions
Miami-Dade police officer charged in sexual abuse involving 3 children; attorney says he's innocent
Supreme Court appears skeptical of allowing Trump Too Small trademark