Current:Home > ContactIs Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says... -VisionFunds
Is Chris Pine Returning for Princess Diaries 3? He Says...
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 16:20:08
Could Chris Pine be headed back to Genovia?
Following news that a third movie in the Princess Diaries film series is in the works, Chris—who make his feature-length debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement—was asked about his potential involvement.
“I don’t know anything,” he emphatically told Today show co-hosts Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager during his Oct. 8 appearance. “Call Disney. Call Bob Iger. I don’t know anything about it.”
However, whether or not the Wonder Woman star, 44, is currently in the loop on the project, that doesn’t mean he’s not interested.
“I think it’s fantastic,” he added, “and I would love to come back.”
Earlier this year, the actor revealed just how monumental his breakthrough role as Nicholas Devereaux in the 2004 romantic comedy was to his career.
“I was driving on the freeway—it was the height of summer— and I got a call from my agents that I booked the job,” Chris shared on Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist in May. “I pulled over onto the side of the freeway and they said, ‘You're getting paid $65,000.’ It was like they’d just told me I’d made $50 million. It was absolutely earth-shattering.”
He continued, “I just remember distinctly knowing in that moment that my life had changed somehow.”
E! News previously confirmed that the third installment in the series was moving ahead, with Crazy Rich Asians director Adele Lim set to take over directing duties from Garry Marshall, who directed the first two films before his death in 2016.
“As a diehard fan of the original Princess Diaries, I’m beyond excited to be a part of bringing the third iteration of this beloved franchise to life,” Lim said in a statement. “We look forward to celebrating its core tenants of female power, joy and mentorship with audiences worldwide.”
As for Anne—who originated the role of Mia Thermopolis in the first Princess Diaries movie in 2001—she shared her reaction to the upcoming threequel on social media, counting to three before blowing a kiss to the camera and reciting Mia’s iconic “Shut up!”
“Miracles happen,” she captioned the video posted on Instagram Oct. 4. “Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures. The fairy tale continues.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (4878)
Related
- FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
- Apple announces new iPhone 16: What to know about the new models, colors and release date
- NFL Week 2 odds: Moneylines, point spreads, over/under
- Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are declared divorced and single
- Behind on your annual reading goal? Books under 200 pages to read before 2024 ends
- Flash flood sweeps away hamlet as Vietnam’s storm toll rises to 155 dead
- Las Vegas man pleads guilty in lucrative telemarketing scam
- NFL averaged 21 million viewers per game for opening week, its highest on record
- Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
- Why Raygun is now the top-ranked women's breakdancer in the world
Ranking
- Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
- A Combination of Heat and Drought Walloped Virginia Vegetable Farmers
- Pharrell as a Lego and Robbie Williams as a chimp? Music biopics get creative
- Abortion-rights measure will be on Missouri’s November ballot, court rules
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- Focusing only on your 401(k) or IRA? Why that may not be the best retirement move.
- Massive $4.2B NV Energy transmission line gets federal approval
- Hoping to win $800M from the Mega Millions? Here's exactly how to purchase a ticket.
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
The Latest: Harris-Trump debate sets up sprint to election day as first ballots go out in Alabama
EPA says Vermont fails to comply with Clean Water Act through inadequate regulation of some farms
Frankie Beverly, Soul Singer of “Before I Let Go” and Founder of Maze, Dead at 77
A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
Massive $4.2B NV Energy transmission line gets federal approval
'Just lose weight': Women with PCOS are going untreated due to 'weight-centric health care'
The Bachelor’s Kelsey Anderson Shares Update on Her and Joey Graziadei’s Roommate Situation