Current:Home > ScamsUK watchdog addressing data breach at hospital where Princess Kate had abdominal surgery -VisionFunds
UK watchdog addressing data breach at hospital where Princess Kate had abdominal surgery
Rekubit View
Date:2025-04-06 14:15:48
The "royal scandal" continues, as a U.K. watchdog group is addressing a data breach at a London hospital where Princess Kate was treated for her abdominal surgery earlier this year.
Britain's data protection watchdog, the Information Commissioner's Office, shared a statement with USA TODAY on Wednesday confirming it "received a breach report and (is) assessing the information provided."
The data privacy group is investigating a potential breach of Kate's private medical records at the London Clinic where she was treated following her abdominal surgery in January, according to The Mirror and the Washington Post.
In a statement provided to USA TODAY Wednesday, the London Clinic said: "There is no place at our hospital for those who intentionally breach the trust of any of our patients or colleagues."
On Wednesday, a Kensington Palace spokesperson told USA TODAY: "This is a matter for The London Clinic."
The private hospital also treated King Charles II following his prostate surgery and cancer diagnosis.
Conspiracy theories and internet speculation have complicated Princess Kate's pause from public life as the media and royal onlookers fuel more conversations about one of the family's most popular members.
Earlier this month, in honor of Britain's Mother's Day, the family thanked their supporters on their Prince and Princess of Wales Instagram account.
"Thank you for your kind wishes and continued support over the last two months. Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day," the caption read, in celebration of the U.K. holiday. In the photo snapped by Prince William, 41, Kate was seated in a chair as the three couple's children were embraced by their mother.
Princess Katetabloid photo, video fuel speculation: Why the gossip is harmful
One day after posting the Mother's Day portrait, however, Princess Kate apologized after several major photo agencies removed it from use due to "manipulation."
In a March 11 post from the Prince and Princess of Wales account X, formerly Twitter, the princess apologized and said the confusion over the photo was due to her editing.
Where is Princess Kate?Timeline of what to know about the royal amid surgery, photo drama
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," the post reads. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C."
Another photo taken by the princess, featuring the late Queen Elizabeth II with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren posted on the Prince and Princess of Wales' official Instagram account last April, was "digitally enhanced," a Getty spokesperson confirmed to USA TODAY Tuesday.
Princess Kate'sphotograph of Queen Elizabeth flagged as 'digitally enhanced' by Getty
A day after U.K. tabloid The Sun reported that the Prince and Princess of Wales were spotted out shopping in Windsor, U.S. tabloid TMZ obtained video purportedly showing the excursion.
In a video taken through an onlooker's car windows, the two were seen exiting a store, reportedly the Windsor Farm Shop, with grocery bags. William and Kate appeared dressed-down in casual clothing, with the future king donning a ball cap.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Naledi Ushe, KiMi Robinson and Emily DeLetter
veryGood! (72)
Related
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Woman, 2 men killed in Seattle hookah lounge shooting identified
- Caught in a gift card scam? Here's how to get your money back
- Ex-Florida congresswoman to challenge Republican Sen. Rick Scott in a test for the state’s Democrats
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- See the Moment Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian’s Daughter Olympia Met Her Baby Sister
- 'Celebrity Jeopardy!': Ken Jennings replaces Mayim Bialik as host amid ongoing strikes
- San Francisco archdiocese is latest Catholic Church organization to file for bankruptcy
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- Jessie James Decker Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby No. 4 With Husband Eric Decker
Ranking
- Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
- NASA flew a spy plane into thunderstorms to help predict severe weather: How it works.
- Why pizza costs more in Iceland and other listener questions
- Sha’Carri Richardson wins 100, claims fastest woman in world title
- McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
- Partial blackout in L.A. hospital prompts evacuation of some patients
- GOT BAG Eco-Friendly Backpacks Will Earn You an A in Sustainable Style
- Some states reject federal money to find and replace dangerous lead pipes
Recommendation
Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
Dwayne Haskins wasn't just a tragic case. He was a husband, quarterback and teammate.
Al-Nassr advances to Asian Champions League group stage
Want to tune in for the first GOP presidential debate? Here’s how to watch
Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
'Unearthing' couples the natural world with the meaning of family
Man drowns trying to rescue wife, her son in fast-moving New Hampshire river
Major artists are reportedly ditching their A-list manager. Here's what's going on