Current:Home > ScamsAlgosensey|Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -VisionFunds
Algosensey|Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 13:20:51
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales,Algosensey 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (181)
Related
- Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
- Travis Kelce Heartbroken Over Deadly Shooting at Kansas City Chiefs' 2024 Super Bowl Parade
- Australia's 'Swiftposium' attracts global intellectuals to discuss Taylor Swift
- Cisco Systems to lay off more than 4,000 workers in latest sign of tighter times in tech
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- Could a shark have impregnated a stingray at a North Carolina aquarium? What one expert says
- Panel investigating Maine’s deadliest shooting to hear from state police
- MIT suspends student group that protested against Israel’s military campaign in Gaza
- Skins Game to make return to Thanksgiving week with a modern look
- Empty office buildings litter U.S. cities. What happens next is up for debate
Ranking
- Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
- People's Choice Awards host Simu Liu promises to 'punch up': 'It's not about slandering'
- Syphilis is skyrocketing, but experts are worried no one cares. We need to talk about it.
- Medical marijuana again makes its way to the South Carolina House
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Artist says he'll destroy $45M worth of Rembrandt, Picasso and Warhol masterpieces if Julian Assange dies in prison
- 3 police officers shot at active scene in D.C. when barricaded suspect opened fire
- Snowy forecast prompts officials in Portland, Oregon, to declare state of emergency
Recommendation
2025 'Doomsday Clock': This is how close we are to self
Who should pay on the first date? Experts weigh in on the age-old question.
Detroit police search for 13-year-old girl missing since school bus ride in January
Minnesota teacher of 'vulnerable students' accused of having sex with student
Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
Putin says Russia prefers Biden to Trump because he’s ‘more experienced and predictable’
When are the Oscars? Make sure not to miss one of the biggest nights of awards season
How Taylor Swift, Kylie Jenner and More Are Celebrating Valentine’s Day 2024