Current:Home > NewsFrankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health -VisionFunds
Frankie Valli addresses viral Four Seasons performance videos, concerns about health
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 12:40:35
Frankie Valli is getting a kick out of speculation about his health.
The Four Seasons frontman spoke with People to address fan concerns about his health, after social media clips of him performing went viral. The videos show Valli, 90, performing with the group, though maybe not as nimbly as in years prior. The clips have elicited comments like, "Whoever keeps sending Frankie Valli out on stage at this point is committing elder abuse."
But the New Jersey native brushed off the concerns.
"I know there has been a lot of stuff on the internet about me lately so I wanted to clear the air," Valli told the outlet in a statement shared Monday. "I am blessed to be 90 years old and still be doing what I love to do and as long as I am able, and audiences want to come see me, I am going to be out there performing as I always."
He continued: "I get a chuckle from the comments wondering if someone forcing me to go on stage. Nobody has ever made me do anything I didn't want to do."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Valli also addressed speculation that he is lip-syncing during performances, adding that he's still able to sound like the original records because of "60 years of experience," vocal layering and "great arrangements."
"I absolutely love what I do," he said. "And I know we put on a great show because our fans are still coming out in force and the show still rocks."
Frankie Valligranted 3-year restraining order from oldest son Francesco
The Four Seasons is one of the best-selling groups of all time, the subject of the hit Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" and known for the hit 1960s singles "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Walk Like a Man." The group is currently on tour through 2025.
Valli's statement comes months after he was granted a 3-year restraining order from his oldest son, Francesco Valli.
In April, another one of his sons, Emilio Valli, petitioned for a domestic violence restraining order, including his father as an additional protected person, following an alleged incident at The Four Seasons singer's home earlier that month.
A judgment ruled Francesco Valli is required to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer and his property and was granted a no-contact order through 2027.
Contributing: Naledi Ushe
veryGood! (1)
Related
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Katie Ledecky savors this moment: her eighth gold medal spanning four Olympic Games
- Member of ‘Tennessee Three’ hopes to survive state Democratic primary for Senate seat
- Fed leaves key interest rate unchanged, signals possible rate cut in September
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Park Fire jeopardizing one of California’s most iconic species: ‘This species could blink out’
- Carrie Underwood Replacing Katy Perry as American Idol Judge
- How Nebraska’s special legislative session on taxes came about and what to expect
- Why members of two of EPA's influential science advisory committees were let go
- Donald Trump falsely suggests Kamala Harris misled voters about her race
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Utah congressional candidate contests election results in state Supreme Court as recount begins
- By the dozen, accusers tell of rampant sexual abuse at Pennsylvania juvenile detention facilities
- Maya Rudolph sets 'SNL' return as Kamala Harris for 2024 election
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- Olympic track & field begins with 20km race walk. Why event is difficult?
- IHOP is bringing back its all-you-can-eat pancake deal for a limited time: Here's when
- Colombian President Petro calls on Venezuela’s Maduro to release detailed vote counts from election
Recommendation
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
American doubles specialists Ram, Krajicek shock Spanish superstars Nadal, Alcaraz
What’s next for Katie Ledecky? Another race and a relay as she goes for more records
Tierna Davidson injury update: USWNT star defender will miss match vs Australia in 2024 Paris Olympics
Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
Elon Musk is quietly using your tweets to train his chatbot. Here’s how to opt out.
Ransomware attack disables computers at blood center serving 250 hospitals in southeast US
Italian gymnast Giorgia Villa goes viral during Olympics for brand deal with cheese